Tuesday, June 09, 2009

First Pesto of the Season!

Yesterday when my husband emailed me to ask about what we'd have for dinner, my first thought was PESTO!

I'd bought a couple of basil plants early in the season and they needed to be seriously trimmed.
And last week I bought some chicken sausage and 4 cheese ravioli at Trader Joe's, and they were in the fridge waiting for the right night.

My painfully simple pesto recipie is here. Last night's version included pistacio nuts and roasted garlic in addition to one clove of fresh... It was yummy. Just spicy enough from the fresh clove of garlic to be a little zippy, while having a consistency almost like butter! The kids didn't even need to be coaxed to eat up their portion.

I love pesto nights! It's a fairly easy meal that tastes gourmet!

No comments: