Monday, August 11, 2008

Renee's Chinese Style Green Beans

Ok, I know my name doesn't SOUND Asian, but I'd eat Asian cuisine every day of the week given an opportunity.
My boys love Chinese food but they haven't been exposed to the variety of Aisian cuisine that I love yet - because we don't go out often - and especially not with rambunctious 4&5 yr olds.
I also have not had the time to develop an extensive repetoir of home made versions of entrees I love yet...however I do make one or two dishes at home and this is one that ALL members of the household LOVE.

Renee's Chinese Style Green Beans
Over a medium flame, heat 1-2 good glugs of olive oil in a saute pan
Slice 2-3 large cloves of garlic and toss that in
When the garlic is starting to sizzle and has some golden tinges
Add 2 cups trimmed green beans
Toss them into the oil/garlic mixture and stir to coat evenly with the oil
Cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes
Stir in 1TBSP good quality Soy Sauce/Tamari/Shoyu
And a dash of 5 spice powder
Stir to coat
Cover again and let cook for 2 more minutes
Turn off the heat and add 1tsp of dark sesame oil
Stir and serve.

We had this with grilled chicken and pesto pasta last night.
BOTH boys asked for seconds of the beans! YAY!!!!

No comments: